Diamond Roll Dresser For Grinding Wheel
- The grinder will be equipped with a Diamond Roll Dresser.
- The Dresser will have a profile Diamond roll to match the profile of the component.
- The diamond roll gets a drive through a hydraulic motor for its own rotation.
- The infeed movement of wheel advance is controlled by the grinder controls.
- Normally the Diamond Roll is positioned about 6.00 mm from the diameter.
- When the dresser cycle is activated, the diamond advances of rapid feed till it is 0.100 mm away from the wheel.
- Normally the dressing amount is 0.010 mm to 0.020 mm for each dress cycle. The dressing time is between 10 to 15 seconds. In case of normal hydraulic profile dresser with single point diamond, the dress amount is 0.050 mm each dress cycle and time is between 3 to 5 minutes. By using the Diamond Roll Dresser, the dress time and wheel consumption are reduced resulting in substantial savings.
- The Diamond Roll retracts to its home position of 6 mm from the newly dressed wheel diameter.
- The amount dressed is compensated automatically by moving the infeed regulating wheel slide by predetermined amount after each dress cycle. The frequency of dressing can be set by the operator.